What’s a Senator?
The Staff Senate serves all university EHRA, SHRA, and County Extension staff through open communication with our constituency to represent staff interests to university leadership and ensure staff are an integral part of key decision-making.
As a member of the Staff Senate, you have the opportunity to
- Collaborate with staff from across campuses and the state to be a part of a community that cares deeply about the well-being of staff at NC State.
- Provide input and help shape NC State programs and policies that are of particular interest to staff.
- Gain a deeper understanding of how the university works, how decisions are made, and what opportunities and resources are available.
- Connect with NC State leadership. Staff Senate hosts university leadership at monthly meetings and provides time for staff to engage with—and learn from—university administrators.
- Provide your coworkers a voice in university governance.
- Hear first about upcoming university initiatives.
- Develop professionally. The Senate provides many opportunities to serve in leadership roles and across diverse and effective standing committees.