From the beautiful gardens of the Arboretum to an intriguing art exhibit at the African American Cultural Center, or a cold splash in Lake Raleigh for a good cause, there is always something to discover at NC State!
Share your photos on Instagram or Facebook #NCStateStaff
- Stay Informed with Student MediaThe Agromeck, Technician, Nubian Message, Roundabout, Windhover, and WKNC. There’s something for everyone from NC State’s student media outlets.
- Look Around Campus in the Virtual TourNo-matter the weather, take a tour around the three NC State campuses on the campus virtual tour, with 360-degree images anchored by student ambassadors sharing personal experiences with each tour stop.
- Get all Antsy at BugFestEach fall more than 30,000 visitors come to BugFest to experience over 100 exhibits, crafts, games and activities, with the opportunity to interact with entomologists and other scientists so you can continue learning about the fascinating world of bugs.
- Ride the WolflineWolfline is NC State’s bus service which is tailored to student class schedules, but also serves the general public fare-free. It serves as a fast, reliable, and convenient way to make your way across campuses and into the surrounding area.
- Attend the State Fair and Check Out all the Various NC State BoothsThe N.C. State Fair is a first-class, family-oriented entertainment and educational event occurring each Oct. in Raleigh. Our Fair is the largest event in the state of N.C. and the largest 11-day agriculture event in the nation, annually drawing one million visitors.
- Ride a Paddle Boat, the Train and the Carousel at Pullen ParkPullen Park is located next to North Carolina State University, just west of downtown Raleigh. With the Park dating back to 1887, it features a 1921 Dentzel carousel, 1950s small train ride, and kiddie boat rides.
- Eat Chancellor’s Choice Ice CreamFor over half a century, generations of North Carolinians have savored our premium ice cream on NC State’s campus or at the North Carolina State Fair. Now the Howling Cow brand is available packaged, so you can enjoy it at home, tailgating or at the beach.
- Try a Tuffle at Tuffy’s DinerShow your #PackPride by enjoying a tasty Tuffle, a waffle in the shape of our beloved Tuffy. Each season there’s a new Tuffle flavor or variation to celebrate the holiday or harvest.
- Take a Photo with Mr. and Ms. WufMr. and Ms. Wuf wander along the sidelines as NC State’s biggest fans. The duo began their friendship early in the 1970’s and have cheered Wolfpack athletic teams to victory ever since.
- Use Carmichael GymnasiumCarmichael Gymnasium offers an outdoor and indoor track, swimming pools, basketball courts, racquetball courts, and areas for wrestling, boxing, weight lifting and gymnastics. The Gym gets bigger in 2020 with the opening of the Wellness and Recreation Center, which creates a centralized hub of recreation and wellness for campus.
- Participate in the Polar PlungeThe NC State University Polar Plunge and 5K Run is a fundraising event for Special Olympics North Carolina, hosted by the NC State University Police Department and several partners from across the university and local businesses.
- Run in the Krispy Kreme Challenge2400 calories, 12 doughnuts, 5 miles, 1 hour. The mantra of the Krispy Kreme Challenge epitomizes the test of physical fitness and gastrointestinal fortitude.
- Volunteer at a Blood DriveEvery year, Service NC State and the American Red Cross host the annual blood drive at Carmichael Gym. Every donated pint of blood can help save 3 lives. When NC State works together to achieve our goal of 1,200+ pints, we will save up to 3,600 lives!
- Attend the Chancellor’s Holiday Open House at The PointChancellor and Mrs. Woodson invite all NC State faculty and staff to their annual Holiday Open House, usually in December. Designed by Marvin Malecha, Dean Emeritus of the College of Design, the chancellor’s residence was funded with private donations from more than 70 individuals and businesses.
- Walk Around Lake RaleighCut into the southern side of Centennial Campus and surrounded by a protected forest, Lake Raleigh offers a picturesque retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
- See PyroMan at Wilson College of TextilesThe Thermal Protection Laboratory, located on Centennial Campus at the Wilson College of Textiles, features an 11′ X 18′ fire test chamber that permits full-scale testing of the flammability and thermal protection of garment systems in safe and controlled fire test conditions.
- Tour the Cogeneration PlantNorth Carolina State University has completed an 11 megawatt combined heat and power, or cogeneration, facility that is expected to generate $4.3 million of energy savings in the first year of operation.
- Visit DH Hill Library on Main CampusAn eleven-story bookstack tower, Special Collections, quiet study areas, and relaxing lounges.
- Tour the Hunt Library on Centennial CampusCheck out the award-winning 21st-century library located on beautiful Centennial Campus—filled with robots, technology, and versatile study and creation spaces.